Monday, December 5, 2011

If it drops below thirty...I start to cry....

This was my first day of having to be out and about when it is REALLY cold. 20 degrees. ( degrees with the wind chill. I have to walk about 3 miles to my car at the University that I attend. I was wearing boots, coat, scarf, earmuffs, and gloves. Here is my internal thought process:
ENTER COLDNESS:

ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh...cold,cold,cold,cold....

My forehead hurts, my cheeks hurt- ow. actual pain. Holy crap, I just started...keep walking...

It is not even the cold part of winter here yet, I am not going to survive. I have two weeks of school left, that is all I have to do. I have incredible parking next semester, two weeks...two weeks...two weeks...

I am NOT. COMING. BACK. TO. CAMPUS. Do I really need to attend the last two weeks of class? ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh....I am going to die. Freezing to death is not the worst way to die. I have read about it- you actually start feeling toasty right before you pass out. CRAP!!!! IT!!!!! IS!!!!! SO!!!! FREAKIN'!!!!! COLD!!!!!!

My face is going to fall off. My knees are freezing. I feel like they are sprained. This coat is crap. Why do people live here? Why do we live here? I cant do this winter. I will never be warm again.

Then everything starts to go numb. Except my head. I have a migriane. FINALLY when I see my car, I start to cry. (Can your eyeball moisture freeze?) I felt like one of the pioneers entering the valley. Sweet Home. I get in my car, and blast the heat.

ohmygosh... &*%$#- (all internal) My ENTIRE body stings as I begin to thaw out. I have to go back on Wednesday...*whine*

2 comments:

  1. I had to stand out and do large van training in 16 degree weather this morning. I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why God did not let us be born as pioneers. I'm still trying to figure out why He lets people live in MN in the winter, though.

    ReplyDelete